Sunday, April 26, 2009

Feeling Kinky

The music of our life is founded in the rhythm. The rhythm of the day changes with the seasons. Our bodies flow through the days, and when we lose the beat things can break down. When things break down you can start something new. It's spring. The cold's gone and right now I'm feeling a bit kinky. There seems to be an ache that roams throughout my body. It's growing pains. It's change. One day my hip flexor feels strained when I stretch my quads after a run. The next day my middle back hurts. What's up with that? That passes and then I've got a twinge in my lower back. Oy, oy, oy. Look, it's not old age. It's a new season! And I need a new reason (To train baby!) We've started running. When it's this gorgeous out, and you've spent 5 months in layers, you just get out there and breathe it all in. The sun, the leaves, the flowers, the soft air. It's glorious! We're thinking about our new fun sports for the summer. Biking. Hiking. Running. Swimming. Blading. It's all still kind of new. And the rhythm isn't there yet. It's coming. But right now, I'm just feeling a bit kinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment